The New Year is upon us and it was great to see the major North American Stock Exchanges have positive returns on the first day of trading. Perhaps a sign of things to come.
As it is a New Year there are resolutions and predictions to be made. While I normally stay away from these things I thought it would be fun to put together a list of Financial Predictions. Should you follow the intention of these Predictions you will find yourself in a better financial situation at years end than you started! That is my prediction.
Without further delay here are Be 4 Success’s 2009 Financial Predictions!
- I predict that if you contribute a minimum of $100 to your retirement fund every time you get paid that you will be one step closer to retiring as a millionaire.
- I predict that if you open a high interest savings account for use as an emergency fund and contribute $50 every time you get paid you will take the financial stress out of your life when dealing or considering emergency expenses. Aim to save 3 to 6 months worth of income.
- I predict that if you put your year end bonus into the emergency account mentioned above you will remove that stress much quicker.
- I predict that if you establish a second high interest savings account for the purpose of vacations and contribute $50 to it each pay day you will vacation more often and more enjoyably.
- I predict that if you eliminate you $5 a day coffee habit and contribute that money to any of the accounts listed above you will enjoy life much more.
- I predict that if you create, maintain and review a financial plan you will come out ahead of those who don’t.
- I predict that if you invest your money in a well diversified stock or mutual fund portfolio on a regular basis you will survive downturns in the market far better than those who don’t.
- I predict that if you resist the urge to sell your investments when you’ve already lost money and instead stick to your financial plan you will come out ahead of those who don’t.
- I predict that if you stop living off credit you will reduce your worry over paying bills, and will be better off financially.
- I predict that if you review your needs and wants you will discover that you can do more with less. This will allow you to eliminate your wants and you will be better off financially, emotionally, and spiritually.
- I predict that if you finally stop keeping up with the Jones’ you will be better off financially and will wonder why you ever bothered in the first place.
- I predict that if you live life frugally buying quality when required rather than purchasing crap consistently you will be better off.
- I predict that when vacationing with the family if you choose camping over Disney you will be rewarded with more money in the bank and a greater bonding experience with your family.
- I predict that if you follow these predictions you will live a happier and financially successful 2009.